BitMix Review 2023: Anonymous BTC Tumbler
Updated: 13 Nov 2023
- Easy for beginners
BitMix is a Bitcoin (BTC) mixer established in 2017 which allows you to mix your bitcoin with other users in order to improve your privacy. In other words? It allows you to break the link between your identity and your cryptocurrency.
In addition to Bitcoin (BTC), this Bitcoin laundry also supports Litecoin (LTC) and Dash (DASH). The fees are competitive, starting at just 0.4% (+ transaction fees) when mixing BTC.
Read the full review for a breakdown of all this service’s features.
BitMix is a Bitcoin mixer service which was announced in August 2017 on Dread.
In that announcement thread, you’ll find a few pages of positive feedback from other users. You can find all of their other press mentions on their website here.
BitMix site is available via Clearnet (i.e. the publicly available internet) and via TOR. The interface is translated in English, German, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Indonesian, Chinese, and Korean.
All logs are turned off by default. Once you’ve completed your order (or after 72 hours), I’ve been told that the order information is deleted.
BitMix is altcoin mixer
You can mix the following cryptocurrencies with BitMix:
- Bitcoin (BTC);
- Litecoin (LTC);
- Dash (DASH).
How to mix coins with BitMix: guide
Here’s how BitMix works:
- Go to BitMix home page and select Mixer in the navigation bar.
- In Destination Address, add the wallet address you’d like your mixed bitcoin to be sent to. This output address needs to be different to the one you’re sending from.
- Use the sliders to select a Delay and Service Fee. Longer delays and higher fees are better.
- Select whether you’d like to enable Randomization. If you enable this, you’ll receive your mixed bitcoin back in multiple chunks per output address. This will make connecting your identity to your mixed coins harder. However, the minimum deposit required to enable this feature is higher (see below).
- The Mixing Strength indicator will highlight how strong the settings you’ve chosen are.
- When you’re ready to clean your BTC, press Start Mixing.
- On the next page, the Bitcoin Mixer will provide you with an Input Address. Send the bitcoin that you’re looking to anonymize to this address.
- Once they’ve received your deposit, the Status will be updated. You’ll then receive your mixed bitcoin after your chosen delay.
- Enjoy you shiny & anonymous coins.
Multiple Output Addresses
BitMix allows you to add up to 5 destination addresses when submitting your order, same as cryptomixer. This means that you can split the mixed coins (in any % combination you like) between these wallet addresses.
The minimum amount you need to mix is 0.005 BTC, LTC, or DASH per output address. If you use 5 destination addresses, then that means the minimum amount you need to mix is 0.025 BTC, LTC, or DASH.
You’ll also need to pay a transaction fee (i.e. miner fee) for every output address you add. Scroll down to find out more about BitMix fees.
What is the Randomize Feature?
By default, you’ll receive any mixed coins from BitMix in a single transaction to each of the output addresses you’ve added in your order.
If you enable the Randomize option though, you’ll receive your mixed coins in multiple transactions (2+) to each of the wallet addresses you specified in your original order. According to BitMix, this should make it harder for someone to de-anonymise you.
If you enable this option, then:
- The minimum amount that you have to mix increases. For Bitcoin (BTC), the minimum amount increases from 0.005 BTC to 0.1 BTC.
- You’ll pay the transaction fee twice. For Bitcoin (BTC), this would increase the fee to 0.0003 BTC per output address.
- The fee paid to BitMixer will be randomized but will remain under 1%.
BitMix minimum amount for mix
Here are the minimum and maximum amounts you can mix on BitMixer:
- 0.005 BTC;
- 1 LTC;
- 1 DASH.
If you attempt to mix less than the minimum for any of the supported cryptocurrencies, then it’ll be considered a donation and you won’t receive anything back.
We don’t know the exact amount of volume the service has, but the previous experience with this mixer shows that it can easily mix 10 BTC without any delay.
BitMix doesn’t have a fixed fee. Instead, you’ll have the ability to set a custom fee.
This is a standard feature in other Bitcoin blenders that we’ve checked out, as it makes it harder for someone to connect your previous Bitcoin wallet address with your new one.
These are the fees listed on the BitMix site:
- Bitcoin (BTC) Fees: 0.4% to 4% + miners fee 0.0003 BTC per additional output address
- Litecoin (LTC) Fees: 2% to 20% + miners fee 0.0003 BTC per additional output address
- Dash (DASH) Fees: 0.4% to 4% + miners fee 0.0003 BTC per additional output address
BitMix have a few pools of mixed cryptocurrency. If you set a higher fee, then there’s a higher chance that you’ll get returned cryptocurrency that is from investors, trusted exchanges, etc. Regardless of what fee you set, you will receive cryptocurrency that is not connected to you though. If you enable the randomize option (more on that below), then you’ll pay additional transaction fees. Although the transactions fees are fixed, they’re going to be updated depending on how busy each network is. Why are Litecoin (LTC) fees so much higher? Litecoin (LTC) isn’t as popular on BitMix, so they’re forced to set higher fees to support the infrastructure needed to mix it properly.
When we took BitMix for a test drive, we found their interface simple and easy to use.
With this Tumbler you could customize a few important things:
- Add multiple destination addresses.
- Set custom percentage of your coins that are sent to each address.
- Set a unique time-delay for each address you’re sending coins to.
- Choose your own fee (between 0.4 and 4% for BTC).
The bottom line is this: BitMix helps you add a layer of anonymity to pseudonymous cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin (BTC) & other altcoins.
I just tested Bitmix and those are my first impressions:
The website design is clean and easy to use. I really enjoyed the overview page of the mixing process, which features detailed information on how your transaction will be held, especially at the bottom where it shows all the incoming and outgoing transactions and the calculator tool.
I choose the transaction to be delayed by 1 hour. Result: I got my mixed coins after exactly 1 hour after the first network confirmation.
This is my first time trying a mixing service although I know what is the sole purpose of it. The site looks good and it loads fast in normal browser don’t know in .onion You have the right to customize everything and you can download the letter of guaranteed which signed a message it is clearly stated, however the txt file seems random maybe if it is written with passion I could read it faster. The minimum fees are too much for a normal person like me but you can have a 50% discount if you write a review from other forum and send it to them via email. I didn’t see the attention box at first I thought I might lost my BTC if you change the attention box before looking for discount box I will see it first.
Good Website. The service does exactly what the Company says it does. No need for extra complicated task like Signing up to use the service. An extra feature to keep you completely Anonymous is also available.
My coin was mixed and sent back pretty fast.